Menu

Protection and guidance by
injury attorneys you can trust.

Why are 18-wheeler truck collision cases so complicated in Nevada?

As one of the best truck accident law firms in Las Vegas, J. Cogburn Law has seen our fair share of complicated cases. To understand why truck accident cases involving 18-wheelers are so complex, we must dive into the intricacies of Nevada’s laws and regulations surrounding these accidents. From determining fault to navigating insurance claims, many factors contribute to making 18-wheeler truck accident cases so challenging. In this article, we will explore these factors and provide real-life examples of these complications. So, why are 18-wheeler truck collision cases so complicated?

Why are 18-wheeler truck collision cases so complicated in Nevada?

Why are 18-wheeler truck collision cases so complicated in Nevada?

Determining fault in 18-wheeler accident cases

One of the most challenging factors in any truck accident case is determining fault. In Nevada, determining liability in a truck accident involves a comparative negligence system. This means that any party found to be liable for the accident will be held responsible for a percentage of the damages based on their degree of fault. For example, if the truck driver was found to be 70% at fault while the other driver was deemed to be 30% at fault, then the damages would be split accordingly.

Navigating insurance claims for truck accidents

Navigating the insurance claims process can be a nightmare in any type of accident case, but it’s especially tough in 18-wheeler truck accident cases. This is because many trucking companies are required to carry multiple types of insurance policies, including cargo insurance, liability insurance, and workers’ compensation insurance. Sorting through these policies to determine which covers the damages sustained in the accident can be an incredibly complex and time-consuming process.

Federal regulations for trucking & transportation industries

Another factor that contributes to the complexity of 18-wheeler truck accident cases is the federal regulations that govern the trucking industry. These regulations dictate a wide range of factors, including how long drivers can drive without taking a break and how much weight a truck can carry. Understanding these regulations and how they factor into a truck accident case can be a daunting task, especially for those who are not experienced in this area of the law.

Types of injuries in truck accidents

Finally, the types of injuries suffered in 18-wheeler truck accidents can also contribute to the complexity of these cases. These accidents can result in everything from minor cuts and bruises to life-changing injuries such as spinal cord damage or traumatic brain injury. Each type of injury requires a different level of medical care and can result in vastly different amounts of compensation. For example, damages awarded for a minor cut or bruise may be vastly different from those awarded for a traumatic brain injury.

Why are 18-wheeler truck collision cases so complicated in Las Vegas?

At J. Cogburn Law, we understand just how complicated 18-wheeler truck accident cases can be. Numerous factors make these cases challenging, from determining fault to navigating insurance claims. By understanding the intricacies of Nevada’s laws and regulations surrounding these accidents, we can provide our clients with the highest level of representation possible. If you or someone you love has been involved in an 18-wheeler truck accident, don’t hesitate to reach out to our experienced team for help. We will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.