100s of Millions Recovered!
No fee until we win!
PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
When searching for a firm, look for lawyers who will yield the best results for your case. Experienced, person-centered injury lawyers are the cornerstone for successful claims processing. Look for a firm that can transparently answer your case and firm-related questions, leaving you with more knowledge and know-how than you held before entering their office.
At J. Cogburn Law, our personal injury attorneys in Las Vegas vigorously protect the rights and interests of those seriously injured in an accident, Henderson, and surrounding areas of southern Nevada.
Our approach is unique; one of our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers will meet with to discuss your case, free of charge. We are passionate about securing justice, this includes taking your case to court for a decision when necessary. We strive to make the process easy on you while engaging in every legal action necessary to seek justice and full compensation.
Our dedicated team have years of experience practicing under Nevada law and have handled a variety of personal injury cases ranging from car accidents to medical malpractice. We are proud of our team for receiving many awards and honors, and garnering a reputation for excellence in the practice of personal injury law across southern Nevada and Clark County cities like Las Vegas, Henderson, and Boulder City. As trial lawyers, when bringing a case to a jury for decision, our process involves thorough case development, a professional presentation in court, and a carefully mapped legal strategy with no detail left to chance. We believe that our strong reputation is the result of our personal dedication to the people we serve. We promise honesty and loyalty and we are driven by a passion for securing justice.
Why Do I Need a Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyer?
Lawyers act as a sort of insurance because they verify that you are pursuing your claim effectively and on solid ground. Lawyers guide you through the legal process, handling several responsibilities at a time.
An attorney gathers evidence for your case through their investigative process. The methods of evidence-gathering an attorney employs differ depending on each specific case. Some of the services a lawyer can provide include:
What Types of Cases Do You Handle?
We specialize in personal injury and liability lawsuits. If you’ve sustained damages resulting from the negligent actions of a third-party, we can help you request fair compensation. Some of the common areas we work within are:
- Motor vehicle accidents: car accidents, bus accidents, off-road vehicle incidents, drunk driving cases, ride-sharing accidents, public transport cases, and instances of uninsured drivers
- Premise liability: dog bites, slips/falls, campus accident, negligent security, swimming pool accidents
- Product liability: vehicle defects, implant defects (medical), wire mesh issues (medical)
- Personal injury: medical malpractice, motor vehicle-related accidents, traumatic brain injury, workplace injury, wrongful death
How Do You Prove Negligence in a Personal Injury Claim?
- Breach of Duty: Another party breached the “duty of care” by acting in a negligent manner.
- Causation: The action or failure to act of the other party can be established as the legal cause of the injury or death
- Damages: The plaintiff suffered damages – physical, financial, and emotional as a result of the negligent act.
What is the Statute of Limitations in Nevada Injury Cases?
The statute of limitations in Nevada is a critical point in the ability to recover compensation. Nevada law NRS 11.010 restricts the time in which an injured person has the right to file suit against a negligent party:
- Personal injury and wrongful death: A case must be filed within two years of the injury or death, [Nev. Rev. Stat. § 11.190(4)(e)].
- Product liability: Cases of injury from a faulty or defective product must be filed within four years.
- Medical malpractice: These injury or wrongful death cases must be acted upon quickly, as the statute of limitations allows for one year to file from the date the condition, illness or disease is discovered, although some extensions may be possible (NRS 41A).
- Cases filed against the city, county, state or other governmental agency: These cases have specific filing requirements that must be managed correctly.
Should the time in which you have a right to file expire, you may be unable to recover damages. Some circumstances may allow for legal tactics to extend the time or file a claim under a different law or legal theory, but essentially – timing is a critical matter in achieving a positive outcome in a personal injury case.
There is NO FEE for our services unless we recover money from the responsible parties.
How Much is My Personal Injury Case is Worth?
Personal injury law covers a range of situations in which an individual has suffered bodily injury, death, or emotional pain due to an act of negligence. In injury cases, a plaintiff (the injured party) files a claim against a negligent party to recover monetary compensation, or “damages.” Under Nevada law, the types of damages that can be pursued in a case of serious injury include:
- Cost of medical care, past, present and future
- Lost wages, loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering, physical and mental
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of quality and enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium (the companionship and support of a family member)
- Punitive damages (compensation awarded to punish a negligent party)
How Much is My Personal Injury Case is Worth?
The payment of the costs associated with filing a claim commonly come out of the final compensation the court awards to the claimant. In an ideal situation, the responsibility of payment falls onto the defendant/defendant’s insurance carrier. However, liability depends solely on the outcome of the claim. If your claim is unsuccessful, your court-related fees come out-of-pocket. This is why it is wise to consult an attorney before filing your claim unless you believe your case has undeniable grounds or proof.
When looking for the right firm to stand behind your case, look at their track record and customer testimonials. At J. Cogburn Law, we understand the impact a personal injury has on the individual and their loved ones. Our person-centered Las Vegas attorneys have experience in personal injury and liability lawsuits and are ready to help you seek fair compensation. Decide if J. Cogburn Law is the right fit for you with our free consultation service.
J. COGBURN LAW CARES ABOUT OUR
YOUR LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY CASE
There are many personal injury cases that warrant filing a legal action. The quality, experience, and record of success of your injury attorney are vital points in choosing a law firm to represent you. The Las Vegas personal injury attorneys at J. Cogburn Law offer experienced counsel in a range of cases, including but not limited to:
CONNECT WITH A LAS VEGAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER TODAY
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured due to negligence, contact or call an experienced Las Vegas injury lawyer at J. Cogburn Law today for a free case consultation. We offer a no-win-no-fee guarantee so you risk nothing with us.
J. Cogburn Law Firm
Takes Part in the
ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
FIGHTING FOR INJURED VICTIMS OF NEGLIGENCE
J. Cogburn Law is a committed group of highly effective personal injury lawyers and skilled personal injury professionals, focused on the best representation of injured victims and the families of those killed under wrongful death circumstances.
CASES WE HANDLE
NURSING HOME ABUSE