Hunter is a Las Vegas personal injury attorney with J. Cogburn Law. Hunter’s practice is dedicated to representing victims of nursing home abuse and neglect and individuals severely injured in motor vehicle crashes, slip and falls, and other personal injury matters. Hunter has earned a reputation for being an energetic attorney who will aggressively pursue his clients’ rights and ensure justice is fully served. In his free time, Hunter enjoys spending his time outdoors—hiking, camping, backpacking, or snowboarding.
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas – William S. Boyd School of Law, Juris Doctor (J.D.), 2018
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas – Lee Business School, Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), 2018
- University of San Diego, Bachelor of Arts in Economics, 2014
Professional Experience: Hunter has built a robust career representing clients in a wide range of legal matters, including but not limited to:
- Elder Abuse / Neglect: Hunter represents victims of abuse and neglect suffered in skilled nursing facilities and assisted living homes. Hunter frequently appears before the Nevada Supreme Court, where he advocates for the rights of abuse and neglect victims and their families. These appearances have resulted in several published decisions by the Nevada Supreme Court.
- Motor Vehicle Crashes: Hunter represents individuals severely injured in motor vehicle crashes. Hunter has tried multiple cases before juries, resulting in favorable verdicts.
- Premise Liability: Hunter also represents individuals severely injured in slip-and-falls and trip-and-falls. This includes multiple seven-figure settlements.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships:
- Nevada Bar: 2018
- United States District Court, District of Nevada: 2019
- United States Circuit Court, Ninth Circuit: 2019
- Nevada Justice Association: 2019
Publications and Presentations:
Hunter has contributed to the legal field through publications and presentations, including:
- Cheat Sheet – Three New Laws for Your Everyday Practice: Following the 2021 Nevada Legislative Session, Hunter wrote an article for The Advocate outlining several bills passed during the session.
Hunter has thrown himself into his work since the beginning and has proved that the combination of an astute mind along with the willingness to go the extra mile is a winning formula.
When Hunter takes on a case, he brings a combination of legal expertise, strategic thinking, and a deep commitment to securing the best possible outcome for his clients. His compassion and ability to navigate complex legal issues makes him a trusted advocate in the legal community. To learn more or schedule a consultation, please contact Hunter at (702) 747-6000 or [email protected]